Tuesday 19 July 2016

Hollyhocks and vintage multi-floral cardigan


Recently I went for a walk in Hyde Park.  I got off the underground at Hyde Park station and went into the park near the lovely flower walk.  There I saw some of my favourite tall spiked flowers - Hollyhocks - in varying shades of pink and white.


I think the colours of these Hollyhocks looks great against the dark maroon leaves of the shrub in the background.


I loved the delicate colours of the white Hollyhock with lemon sorbet centres.


There was a large patch of tall Hollyhocks by the pergola walk.  Unfortunately, the poppies had finished flowering and I expect that they had look magnificent.  I love Oriental poppies too.


The design for the vintage hand knitted 4ply cardigan in the below photograph incorporates lots of different flowers, including Hollyhocks.  The other flowers are Lily-of-the-Valley, Daffodils, Irises, Lilies, Poppies, Sunflowers, Cornflowers and Roses.


Below is a graph chart for a design of very tall Hollyhocks and which was used to form part of the pattern for other floral tunics, sweaters or cardigans in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment